Saturday, June 8, 2013

week 2 weekend.

More clearing of my mum's belongings so that my dad can move into the room completely. Last time my dad had to move out of the master bedroom into to sleep in what was supposingly my room cos his snoring were too loud. Add a few more quarrels and his belongings crossed over too. My study table and cupboard remained in my room.
My clothes have always been in the master bedroom since young, and stayed there. And I remained sleeping in the master bedroom (separate bed from the big bed)together with mum. However this meant that whenever I worked late into the night my dad have to sleep with my lights on for quite awhile. And I have to try to get to my bed without making as much noise as possible in the dark in my room. And the lack of privacy.

Guess even if i have anticipated it for years, it still means getting used to. My clothes were like in 2 different cupboards and several drawers in her room and just now i have to cram them into my dad's only cupboard in my room. Somehow I did it.

More of mum's things have been packed up. The process is not very nice. If only dad and mum have been more loving and closer before. Some of her stuff ended up in my room too. Thinking of maybe keeping some of them. I am not very sure though. This kind of decisions are like the hardest to make.

Many things around me still remind me of mum, in some ways or another. Her presence seemed to linger in every corner of the house. The ants starting to appear in the kitchen, the dust starting to accumulate reminded me how mum disliked dirtiness  and hence her ocd-ness of keeping everything squeaky clean. Her hp number, which was rarely used, still remained in the favorites corner of my hp contacts, and I am sure, of my dad's and brother's too. Even walking home and being alone in amk central reminds me of the times I went watching movies with her, and she insisting on buying me clothes, of which I would "act cool" and refused.

No comments:

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Clannad AfterStory