Sunday, June 2, 2013

Its been one week.

I am not sure if I am coping well. Same goes to my father and brother.

Following the funeral, I have went through alot of emotions. Sadness, grief, tiredness, emptyness, lost.... Trying to go through my mum's belongings was torturing too. But stuff such as her insurance, her bank accounts and stuff had to be done as soon as possible.

Was feeling even more sad when I realised all the insurance she bought was for me. Even her bank account was a joint one, with me. But she had left no will. Me and my family had not really talked about it despite her diagnosis being made like 2 years ago. So now we had to spend some effort to clear the accounts up.

I asked dad about his plans about the funeral. He said that he might get a part-time job. As much as I wanted him to enjoy retirement, he had little friends outside his ex-company, and little hobbies as well. Our family is also not financially well off. So i think that will be the best way for him. But then I am also not sure of what can he do. What job can he get at such an age? Should I encourage him to enjoy retirement instead? He has stopped work to take care of mum and now that she has gone, it must be hard for him when he's bored as well.

Went back to work on friday afternoon. Then to YRS. Then to Paint-A-Home yesterday. Trying to occupy myself with work. But Sunday comes and I am feeling lost again. This is worse than the feeling I get after a camp, after the major exams. I have had alot of words of encouragement from friends, from family members and even at work. I tried to be as normal as possible. But i guess it takes time.

No comments:

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Clannad AfterStory