Friday, August 16, 2013

turning point of CSC and NUS

been a long time since I posted!

Been working hard at moving forward! I am not sure if i am doing it right...or whether we are really okay. Deep down inside, we might still be crying.

Decided to write this blog post at yet another turning point of my NUS life.

Funny how things works out. When i first came into NUS, I cringed at the idea of having a CCA. Studies first. the work probably will be enough to occupy my time. and then sem 1 went horribly by.

Then, I joined yishun reading stars, into the CSC family. There seems to be no turning back for me.  I just want to be a volunteer. Be devoted to one kid every week, see him/her improve and feel good inside. And then, I somehow ended up in the camp committee. The process of planning for the gbtb outing and then the camp, was tiring. But at least I am working with awesome people who works hard as well.

Then now I am the vice-chair. But I feel like everyone else in the comm, is so much more capable, and doing more work than me. Should I be happy that the committee is filled with such people? who can work independently and sometimes made you go "Wow..you damn upz...." I am not sure. But all the same, I am happy working with them.

The other thing is, I am now in the running for the 12csc mc, deputy publicity! bcos of a shirt deisgn i did, bcos of a question by madeline, and bcos I have always been trying to help the club out now and then with my computing skills. its just video editing, photoshopping, designing....and normally I will spend like hours or days just trying to complete it, be it a photo slideshow, video or design...

And now, I am problably going to spend a year doing all that!! Things I will certainly enjoy. Also includes attending the various events and taking photos. being in charge of the various pub drive. the prob: I got to juggle them with my YRS, and my studies, and my family, and ....myself.

I now have to go thru one interview, one more speech, endless questions...STRESS before even reaching that stage. and hopefully able to work well with the other pubbies.

Feels like sec 3 all over again! 2 CCAs plus my studies. this time problably 1000000 more things to do. I wonder how the previous comm ppl juggle their comm duties, plus uncountable special projects organizing comms they joined, and the regular programs they go. I am also wondering how I will survive the next yr or so too.

Hopefully the next post, which I will do at the end of this sem, speaks of a fulfiling sem so far.
and the one at the end of the AY, next yr..."ORD lo!" but till then. 

Quoting my whatsapp convo:

XX: "we are all stronger than what we think we are. <3 p="">YY: whatever it is people, health is most important! Must lock this inside your heads and hearts.

No comments:

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Clannad AfterStory